I absolutely love my job! Today at work whilst printing a draft new cook book, I realized that ‘foodies’ are such happy people, and I struck the jackpot as far as colleagues go. Not only do I work at the centre of the food industry, I’m also surrounded by people who love food, life, and fellow foodies like myself. “A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.” ― Elsa Schiaparelli - or did I say that?!!
This latest cook book is based on the paleo diet. The book before, vegan, and the one before that, sugar free. There’s no doubt Australian’s are becoming more and more health conscious, and I think that’s great! It’s so important to maintain a healthy diet, however - are these fad diets the answer? I’m not convinced they are.
My Grilled Peach Smoothie is super trendy, packed with nutrients, AND uses full-fat milk. It’s for those of you who follow my grandmother’s good old “everything in moderation” diet!
“People want honest, flavourful food” – Ted Allen
4 tbsp. honey
4 cups full fat milk
1 cup greek yoghurt
1. Set the oven to grill 240˚C and line a baking tray with baking paper
2. Halve and de-seed the peaches, place them cut side up on the baking tray, drizzle with 2 tbsp. of honey and place them in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until softened and crispy around the edges
3. Chuck the peaches in a liquidizer and blitz until smooth, pour evenly between 4 tall glasses
4. Clean the liquidizer and add in the milk, yoghurt and remaining 2 tbsp. of honey, blitz until smooth
5. Slowly pour the milk mixture evenly into each glass
Optional: top each glass with a final drizzle of honey