PREP + COOK TIME 1 HR 15 MINS
INGREDIENTS (1 LOAF 8-10 SLICES)
2 medium (very ripe) bananas, mashed
2 tbsp honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Greek yoghurt
¼ cup brown sugar
1 2/3 cups whole meal plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, plus 1 tbsp. extra
1 banana, for the top (opt)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C, fan forced and line a 20cm x 10 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all of wet ingredients.
3. Add brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, bicarb soda and gently mix to combine. Gently fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
4. Pour batter into prepared loaf tin, top with the 2 banana halves and evenly scatter almonds and remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 1 hr or until an inserted metal skewer or knife comes out clean.
5. Slice and serve with a little butter, some Greek yoghurt, or simply as it is!
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 5 days