250g rigatoni pasta
2 cups cubed pumpkin, cooked
1 brown onion
½ cup milk
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
200g cooked baby beetroot (about 4), cut into 2 cm pieces
150g gorgonzola cheese, cut into 1 cm pieces
6 sprigs thyme
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ cup hazelnuts
5 sprigs thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 160ᵒC.
2. Sauté the onion in 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, set aside to cool slightly.
3. Using a processor or stick blender, blend pumpkin, sautéed onion, milk, parmesan cheese, stock, pinch of salt and pepper and blend until smooth, set aside
4. In a clean process, process hazelnuts, the leaves of 5 thyme sprigs, salt and pepper until a fine crumb (you can also finely chop these ingredients together)
5. Cook the pasta according to packets instructions, drain and mix through the pumpkin puree.
6. Transfer pasta to a medium baking dish, using a spoon to spread out evenly. Evenly top the pasta with ¾ of the beetroot chunks, a handful of thyme sprigs, gorgonzola cheese chunks then scatter with ¾ of the hazelnut and thyme pangrattato. Finish with the remaining beetroot chunks and bake until golden (about 30-40 mins)
7. Serve immediately with the remaining pangrattato on the table